During the second quarter of my E.S. Cornwall Memorial Scholarship (October to December 2016), I continued to obtain a work experience with Electricity North West Limited’s (ENWL) Asset Management Business Unit to explore the subject of Asset Management Excellence. ENWL is a leading electricity Distribution Network Operator (DNO), one of six DNOs based in the UK.
My experience has continued to provide insight and a better appreciation of ENWL’s state-of-the-art asset management systems and innovative practices. The experience obtained has provided an insight into how the principles of ISO55001 international standards can be adopted and integrated into the business to increase the company’s productivity and efficiency.
The report covers the key learning through project works, observations, and interviews with leaders across ENWL. Specifically, the following aspects are covered:
- Observations on ENWL’s business operation and example of good practices.
- Implementation of the common network asset indices methodology.
- Restatement of ENWL’s network asset workbook restatement.
- Brief summary on the IEC Young Professionals Programme 2016.
- Updates on the work of CIGRE working group C1.34 (Asset Management).
I welcome any feedback or questions regarding my report and the future direction on my scholarship placement. I can be contacted via my personal email or LinkedIn account.
E.S. Cornwall Scholar